Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Updates, recommitments, and tomfoolery.....not necessarily in that order

Tomfoolery-
Because the sky is blue, it makes me cry.....



I'm completely obsessed with this song thanks to the new Movie Across the Universe. I saw it on Saturday and pretty much loved it - there were parts that weren't so great but for the most part - All of the songs were done beautifully and the visuals were gorgeous and any movie with Eddie Izzard in it is fine by me (except maybe "The Wild")
Recommitments-
Anyways, part of my great plan this weekend was to get up on Saturday - go workout and go see Across the Universe - Unfortunately, I stuck with my default plan which has been to hit the snooze button about 20 - 20! times before I get up....it's ridiculous! This morning I finally broke the cycle and got up at 7 am to go to the gym - but it was wretched, and the workout sucked. I saw this woman next to me with coffee on her treadmill and I thought - that is what I need! I'm planning to program my machine to make coffee that I can just guzzle by the cupfuls before I set out. Because AM exercise is not ok without it.
Updates-
The Gators lost to Auburn last weekend and that's fine - as long as we beat LSU this weekend everything will be ok - if not I might I have to hide under my desk until the end of the season (we have an USC alum in the office).
A did come to my bday party (I may have already mentioned this) - and she gave me a semi-expensive (for me) piece of Betsey Johnson jewelry - so punk rock! I really liked it - until it completely fell apart on the streets of NYC - thank goodness I noticed pieces of it as they were falling off - I gathered most of them and have to go return it this week.... quel dommage.
I think that will wrap us up - work wise I am still doing ok - although I always need more work, and my bosses are constantly gone so it's difficult because when they are around everyone else needs them too because they've been gone so long.... it's a little tough.

1 comment:

blythe said...

i loved it too! no one seemed to be as impressed as me. whatevs. the version of "i want to hold your hand" was absolutely heartbreaking, no? not gonna lie - downloaded the soundtrack...