Monday, September 24, 2007

Since it Wuz Mine.....

So I had a crazy birthday! Actually it was probably crazier for how "not crazy it was!" Meaning - I didn't black out, I didn't vomit, and I didn't makeout with anyone! It was one of my most subdued Birthday's ever but I had a pretty fun time!

I rocked out at Izu Lounge with a bunch of friends (sans Blogger friends but oh well). I managed to sing "What I Like About You" (Lillix version), "Start of Something New" (from High School Musical - I did Zac's part), "Take Me or Leave Me" (from Rent), and finally "Since U Been Gone (Kelly Clarkson).

Actually there was some mild drama.... "Since U Been Gone" was my last song of the night and I new it was coming up so I had the mic already. I started singing "Here's the thing we started out friends... and this girl tried to take the mic away! all the while saying it was her song - but! I put the song in 2 hours ago (literally) and I had to go up to the DJ and tell her it never played (because other songs put in before mine had already gone) - so I knew it was mine!

So the whole time I was singing I kept having to fight her off like this:

"Here's the thing we started out friends,
It was cool but it was all pretend,
Yeah yeah,
Since U Been Gone..."

No it's my song!

"You dedicated you took the time
Wasn't long till I called you mine
Yeah Yeah
Since U Been Gone"

Seriously! I put this in 2 HOURS AGO!!

"And all you'd ever hear me say
Is how I pictured me with you
That's all you'd ever hear me say"

Oh?! And it's my BIRTHDAY! So BACK OFF!!!!!

I mean my timing might be a little off in the retelling - Basically I fit in a smackdown wherever I could - finally she left and started dancing with a small asian man. So she didn't really mess with my performance at all - but I was a little ticked at her persistance! A couple of my friends were jokingly worried that I was going to throwdown in the middle of the song!

Afterwards I walked by her booth where she was smack talking me to her friends, so I went over and was like "Listen, Honey! It really was mine ok? And you just tried to grab it from me! There was no "let's share" or "excuse me" - you just grabbed!" And she kind of laughed and was like ok, whatever - and then I blamed the DJ (who was really bad at losing slips that night) and she agreed with me on that one, and then I left!

I was definitely a little drunk at that point - but no one get's between me and my Clarkson!

No comments: