Monday, March 3, 2008

I Had A Dream Last Night...

I had a dream last night, I was walking through a house that I'd never been in before, but I knew that it was my old Sorority House. No one was there and it was really dark, and I kept opening up doors looking for something. I opened up one door to a small room and parts of it were on fire, there was a lot of clutter and "things" that were burning quietly in the room, I watched the flames for a moment and then left to try to find something to extinguish it.


At first I wasn't alarmed but then I found three more rooms that had "things" burning in them and so I called 911 - I had trouble dialing at first because of the keylock on my phone (which was still active in my dream) but I got through eventually. I told the operator that the house was on fire and they needed to hurry. After I hung up I found a bucket and I filled it with water (the bucket wasn't that big) and I went to the first room and threw the water inside and the room stopped burning. I did that three more times and everything was out.

When the Fire dept. showed up, I went to the front door to meet them and I told them I put out a lot of it, but I wanted them to do a check just in case. Now that I was in the front part of the house I saw that it had been converted into a convenience store/gas station and there were people waiting to check out. I opened up the register system, ready for business, but I was still partially dealing with the FD and people kept jumping the line, so I really calmly kept telling different people where they needed to stand to get served. And everyone just did what I told them. I somehow learned that the reason so many people were there to check-out was because earlier there had been a robbery of the house and the girl who had been at the front went home (or maybe to the police station - the dream didn't tell me). I also never got around to helping the people in the store because I knew somehow that they weren't important. So I went back into the main part of the house and followed up with the FD and then I woke up.

It was weird, but kind of a pleasing dream. And below is an analysis of it - significant parts in bold.

Depending on the context of your dream, to see fire in your dream can symbolizes destruction, passion, desire, illumination, transformation, enlightenment, or anger. It may suggest that something old is passing and something new is entering your life. Your thoughts and views are changing. In particular, if the fire is under control or contained in one area, it is a metaphor of your own internal fire and inner transformation. It also represents your drive and motivation. To dream of that you are being burned by fire, indicates that your temper is getting out of control. Some issue or situation is burning you up inside.
To dream that a house is on fire, indicates that you need to undergo some transformation. If you have recurring dreams of your family house on fire, then it suggests that you are still not ready for the change or that you are fighting against the change. Alternatively, it highlights passion and the love of those around you.
To dream that you put out a fire, signifies that you will overcome your obstacles in your life through much work and effort.


I don't know if I consider my Sorority House a "Family House" since I never lived there and I only really bonded with like 3 girls..... but I dig the tranformation portents - bring it on!

No comments: